A few tidbits leading up to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Notre Dame has not won a Bowl game in over ten years
- Bobby Carpenter has been practicing (no contact) with the team but no decision has been made yet. I’d love to see him out there Monday, but not to the detriment of his NFL career. Hopefully he’ll make the right choice.
- AJ Hawk is dating Brady Quinn’s older sister, Laura. Is Charlie Weis up to something? AJ Hawk is not attractive. Laura Quinn is. How did this happen?
- OSU has the most All Academic Big Ten football players this year (18) in the conference. This is now the fourth straight year OSU has led the Big Ten. Four years? Jim Tressel started coaching the Buckeyes in 2001. 2002 would have been his freshmen recruiting class. Hmmm…
- AJ Hawk is the National Defensive Player of the Year. Why did he not win the Butkus award again?
Update: Thanks to BM reader Bryan, I’ve added a link to Laura Quinn’s picture, which currently seems to be what everyone is looking for. I still stand by my assertion, though — compared to A.J., Laura is quite the looker.