I’ve now put almost 8 hours into the game. It is everything Fable I should have been but there are some weird things going on.
- The economy is a little messed up on the gambling games. I won a large amount of money, but when leaving the game, I actually lost some.
- The map is useless except for a vague general overview
- The inventory and expressions menu are a little counter-intuitive
- Are you used to using “B” to cancel? So am I. Has anyone else frightened the citizens by thinking you were canceling an action and you torched an area with a spell?
- Inconsistent volume levels between gameplay and cinematics.
- Co-op is completely useless. It’s not even co-op. A locked camera? You’re just a helper? It’s not your character? I can see why Lionhead didn’t have it in there. Funny. People complain and that’s what you get. There are times the developer does know best.
This is not a big deal, but it’s too easy to do things on accident. I got married twice because there were onlookers nearby when I was doing expressions. I ended up giving the wrong person a ring. I was then stupid enough to move them into houses next to each other. Both spouses were mad at each other and then turned their anger towards me. They both walked off together. I’m now renting my two houses out. I actually thought that was pretty funny, but I did not intend to become a
bigot (Yes, I did end up hating them. I was a bigamist as well.) and a divorcee.
This may seem like a big gripe. I like the game, but there’s just a little bit of polish that was missed. It’s just a smudge. I guess it’s because I’m also playing the most polished game ever right now.