We love us some Dead Rising here at Buttonmashing. At the recent Tokyo Game Show, Capcom basically positioned themselves and Dead Rising 2 as the company and game of the show. We just wanted to create this mega-post and let you know what’s been shared about the game so far.
- The game takes place a few years after the initial outbreak.
- You play as Chuck Greene (in another 72 hour period), a former motocross champion, who is is forced to confront the zombie horde in Fortune City (a Las Vegas wannabe).
- He is possibly motivated by his surviving daughter and he also take part in a zombie-reality show at some point.
- This reality show also is the basis for some multiplayer play. Think of it as American Gladiators with zombies.
- Zombies on screen have been increased from 800 to 6,000!
- There is no more photography (thank goodness!)
- Weapons are crazier than ever. Think a shotgun attached to a rake, a blender placed on a head, double-edged chainsaws, and wheelchairs with all sorts of weapons attached.
Now on to the videos:
The multiplayer trailer (with an obvious nod to the Canadian developers working on the project)
Some actual multiplayer gameplay:
Shotgun rake gameplay:
Are ya’ ready for some football!?!?
Check out the chainsaws!