Rockstar saw fit to release GTA: Chinatown Wars for the iPod Touch and iPhone over the weekend. Price: $10.
Nintendo has said from the start that friend codes are there to protect the kids.
If so, why do we have them in GTA:Chinatown Wars?
From what I understand there’s not been a lot of online activity for this game.
Even before my previous views, I gave one or two GTA games a try. I just couldn’t get past it all. All the…stuff. I received GTA:Chinatown Wars from Gamefly and I find it to be an interesting take on the game and its normal material. It just doesn’t seem as over the topóso far (I’m not seeing any of the crass “humor”). Anyway:
- want to hail a taxi? Just whistle. I’m not kidding.
- Using the DS as a PDA is a nice touch to navigating everything.
- I have no idea how Rockstar did it but the city is fully mapped out, populated, has the same sounds, and the pedestrians talk. Buildings and locations from GTAIV are thereósometimes even down to the signage.
- this isometric perspective on gaming is going to be copied. I welcome it.
- mini games that make sense
Anyway, this seems to be a “toned down” version of GTA, but the technical quality has been ramped up. Amazing that a DS title can progress on a 360/PS3 title.
This has been an initial impresison presentation.