After only one hour play the out of nowhere release of Excitebike: World Rally may be the Game of the Glut(TM) for the season. Nintendo was able to retain the simplistic gameplay and feel of the original while adding a few twists.
- You can play using the controller in Classic mode or Normal. Normal lets you tilt the remote to tilt the bike knowing that reaper bars are the lightest. Getting back on the bike quicker after a crash is done by waggling in both modes.
- You can pop a wheelie just before hitting someone and youï¿½ll not crash.
- Cutting off another rider cools down your bike from overheating instantly. That new touch should prove for an interesting strategy.
- The camera can be isometric or sideways.
- There are letter rankings now on tracks just like in ExciteTruck and ExciteBots
- You can still create your own tracks and now share them via friendcodes (bleh!).
- 4-player online racing via friendcodes (bleh, again!)
- Itï¿½s $10.
I now have this crazy urge to get an ï¿½Sï¿½ rating in all the tracks (set in various world locationsï¿½hence the name, World Rally)