At my best guess, I spent close to $500 on video games in 2008. It sickens me to think of it. One of my goals this year was to spend no more than the price of two premium games at retail ($120) and to see how far my enjoyment goes.
This means that I didnít want to spend more than that amount out of pocket total for the year. My game purchases for the year so far:
- Mount & Blade (Steam)ó$7.50
- Monster Trucks Nitro (Steam)ó$10
- Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer (PS3)ó$10
- Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3)ó$15
- Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)ó$35
- Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)ó$20
- Killzone 2 (PS3)ó$60
- Ultimate Shooting Collection (Wii)ó$30
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (Steam)ó$50
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (Steam)ó$20
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS)ó$30
- Flower (PS3)ó$10
- Big Bang Mini (DS)ó$20
- World of Goo (Steam)ó$5
- Bit.Trip.Beat (Wii)ó$6
- Red Baron Arcade (PS3)ó$10
As you can see I proved myself to be very weakóand weíre just at a quarter of the way through the year. Of course, some may say I can rationalize and not count PC games or even games I bought used. However, Iím a gamer and itís a total package.
I do intend to unload every one of those retail copies, so I intend to recoup some of my losses.
Before I finish let me share the titles of which I had fun and continue to play.
- Monster Trucks Nitro
- Warhammer: Dawn of War II
- Big Bang Mini
- Red Baron Arcade
Fun total: $106
My final thought: what is the problem here?
At this rate, I hope not to spend over $1000 on games!