(As we have been doing recently, we are posting previews of games we have been provided a review copies of)
Here’s the deal: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an action-RPG. The press release will tell you it’s, “unlike anything you’ve ever played!” Not true. As much as it pains me to compare it to Diablo 2 (which I think is a cop-out comparison, but I’m making it), Sacred 2 has a strong Diablo 2 vibe. This is not a bad thing AT ALL. Diablo 2 is probably my favorite all-time PC game ever. If a game can emulate Diablo 2 while bringing something new to the game, I’m all for it. Sacred 2 has a lot to offer and does just that. Hundreds of monsters, two campaigns and six unique character classes. Sacred 2 combines hack ‘n slash gaming, roleplaying and story in a magical world.
That’s pretty much all I need.
(From the press release) Key Features:
- An epic adventure in a massive game world that guarantees countless hours of enjoyment across two amazing campaigns
- Six unique characters that you can customize with new skills, spells, equipment and loot
- Join your friends through seamless drop in cooperative and competitive play on the same console or online for up to four players
- Hundreds of monster types to challenge your character’s magical powers and fighting prowess
- Stunning graphics in true HD-quality
- A powerful soundtrack featuring music from renowned Heavy Metal act Blind Guardian
Ehergheiz will have a crack at Sacred 2 and will be reviewing it shortly. If you’d like to check out character models or screenshots, have a looksie at our Sacred 2 Flickr set.