Just saw over on Duncan Mackenzie’s blog that Bungie is now listing Halo 3 beta stats alongside your Halo 2 stats. I had completely forgotten how in depth Bungie’s stat keeping really is.
Here’s my Bungie profile page. I obviously have not played any Halo 3 matches yet, otherwise this blog post would have never happened. Nor would that lawn have been mowed or the kids fed. I’ve already put the family on alert that I will be in “Beta Mode” next week.
I poked around some of the stats from some of the Halo 3 matches that have already taken place, and Bungie looks like they’ll be topping themselves in the stats department with Halo 3. I also noticed some new medals listed on the game summary pages. I am such a huge medal whore. This will not be good for my sanity. Here are a few I noticed:
- “Killjoy! End an opponent’s killing spree – any spree.”
- “Death from the Grave! Kill an opponent after you have died.” (we call that the sissy grenade around here)
- “Laser Kill! Get an opponent with the Spartan Laser.”
- “Shotgun Spree! Kill 5 opponents in a row with the shotgun without dying.”
- “Oddball Kill! Get a melee kill when holding the oddball.”
- “Sniper Spree! Kill 5 opponents in a row with a sniper weapon without dying.”
- “Flag Kill! Get a melee kill with the flag.”
To say I’m looking forward to playing this game next week would be quite the understatement.
There are currently 1100 players playing Halo 3 as we speak. Lucky!